Friends of the National Libraries is honoured to have HRH The Prince of Wales as its Royal Patron.
FNL is run by an Executive Committee of ex officio and elected Trustees. Among the trustees are the directors of the leading institutions in the UK, such as the British Library and the National Libraries of Wales and Scotland, as well as writers, historians and archivists.
Eminent historians, authors, scholars and public figures have supported and been closely involved in the running of the FNL since its inception. You can find out more about the history of FNL by downloading Friends of the National Libraries: A short history by Max Egremont.
|Charles Sebag-Montefiore FSA FCA||Honorary Treasurer|
|Nell Hoare MBE FSA||Secretary|
|Paul Celerier FCA||Membership Accountant|
- Pedr ap Llywd, Chief Executive and Librarian, National Library of Wales;
- Dr Jessica Gardner, Librarian, University of Cambridge;
- Dr Emma Markiewicz, Historical Manuscripts Commission.
- Dr Richard Ovenden, Bodley's Librarian, Bodleian Libraries;
- Dr Amina Shah, National Librarian and Chief Executive, National Library of Scotland;
- Stephen Clarke, solicitor and Chair of Dr Johnson’s House Trust;
- Mr Felix de Marez Oyens, President B H Breslauer Foundation;
- Mrs Sybil Kretzmer, writer;
- Mrs Natalie Livingstone, writer and chair of the Cliveden Literary Festival;
- Mr Peter Mimpress, charity trustee and retired solicitor; Mr Richard Linenthal FSA rare books and manuscripts specialist;
- Mrs Alexandra Sitwell, owner of Renishaw Hall;
- Mr Mark Storey, venture capitalist and book collector;
- Mrs Joan Winterkorn FSA, Archives and Manuscript Consultant.