Royal Patron: The Former Prince of Wales
FNL is run by an Executive Committee of ex officio and elected Trustees. Among the trustees are the directors of the leading institutions in the UK, such as the British Library and the National Libraries of Wales and Scotland, as well as writers, historians and archivists.
Eminent historians, authors, scholars and public figures have supported and been closely involved in the running of the FNL since its inception. You can find out more about the history of FNL by downloading Friends of the National Libraries: A short history by Max Egremont.
|Charles Sebag-Montefiore CBE FSA FCA
|Nell Hoare MBE FSA FMA FIIC
|Paul Celerier FCA
- Pedr ap Llwyd, Chief Executive and Librarian, National Library of Wales;
- Dr Jessica Gardner, Librarian, University of Cambridge;
- Sir Roly Keating, Chief Executive, British Library;
- Tina Morton, Secretary, Historical Manuscripts Commission;
- Dr Richard Ovenden, Bodley's Librarian, Bodleian Libraries;
- Dr Amina Shah, National Librarian and Chief Executive, National Library of Scotland.
- Mrs Joanna Barker MBE, following a career in international equity, Joanna is now a writer;
- Mr Stephen Clarke, solicitor and Chair of Dr Johnson’s House Trust;
- Mrs Mary Gibson, formerly a barrister who is now active in charitable work;
- Mrs Sybil Kretzmer, writer;
- Mr Richard Linenthal FSA rare books and manuscripts specialist;
- Mr Mark Stevens, County Archivist, Berkshire Record Office;
- Mr Mark Storey, venture capitalist and collector;
- Mr Christopher Whittick FSA consultant and former County Archivist of East Sussex;
- Mrs Joan Winterkorn FSA, archives consultant.