Friends of the National Libraries is honoured to have HRH The Prince of Wales as its Royal Patron.
FNL is run by an Executive Committee of ex officio and elected Trustees. Among the trustees are the directors of the leading institutions in the UK, such as the British Library and the National Libraries of Wales and Scotland, as well as writers, historians and archivists.
Eminent historians, authors, scholars and public figures have supported and been closely involved in the running of the FNL since its inception. You can find out more about the history of FNL by downloading Friends of the National Libraries: A short history by Max Egremont.
|Charles Sebag-Montefiore FSA FCA||Honorary Treasurer|
|Nell Hoare MBE FSA||Secretary|
|Paul Celerier FCA||Membership Accountant|
- Pedr ap Llywd, Chief Executive and Librarian, National Library of Wales
- Dr Jessica Gardner, Librarian, University of Cambridge
- Dr Kristian Jensen FSA, Head of Arts and Humanities, British Library
- Roly Keating, Chief Executive, British Library
- Dr Richard Ovenden, Bodley's Librarian, Bodleian Library
- Dr John Scally, Chief Executive, National Library of Scotland
- Dr Emma Markiewitz, Historical Manuscripts Commission
- Rachel Bond Director of Collections, Eton College
- Felix de Marez Oyens, President, B H Breslauer Foundation
- James Fergusson Proprietor, James Fergusson Books & ManuscriptsJenny Uglow OBE Historian author and critic
- Mark Storey Venture capitalist and book collector
- Jenny Uglow, author
- Christopher Whittick Former County Archivist, East Sussex Record Office
- Joan Winterkorn Archives and Manuscript Consultant
- Dr Christopher Wright OBE Former Head of Manuscripts, British Library